ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zenpmd
Contributing MemberPosts: 748Gear list
Like?
Sony Noise
Jan 19, 2013

Hi All

I am currently trying to decide between an X-e1 and a Nex 6. In the future, I'd also like to be a fast DSLR for wildlife. There is no doubt about it, I just love Sony's ergonomics. That sunken grip is beautiful. Canon comes close to it. Nikon is miles away for me.

I also absolutely love their EVFs, I think they are beautiful. When I look through a D7000, it seems rubbish my contrast. I admit, however, that the viewfinders are nice in Canon's fullframe models.

But anyway, the point of this rambling is that, a big draw of the Nex will be I can use Sony lens on it. In particular I have my eye on the Zeiss portrait lenses. My only concern with planning to get a Sony DSLR in the future is the noise issue due to the light lost in the SLT. Even in the A99, compared to the 5dm3 it appears significant on DXOmark.

Can anyone alleviate my fears?

Thanks!

zenpmd's gear list:zenpmd's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7000 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow