Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Priaptor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,996Gear list
Like?
Re: Too bad
In reply to Len_Gee, Jan 19, 2013

Len_Gee wrote:

Priaptor wrote:

I on the other hand own an M9 + 50 Summilux for close to two years, waited 3 months to get the 50 Sum because I love the lens and despite my love for the camera, tried and bought an RX-1 actually own and use both and can unequivocally state the output from the RX-1 has better IQ and dynamic range-not even in the same league.

My point was your irrelevant comments comparing two cameras, neither one you own. That is "my problem".

Hello,

You've made some very interesting comments re: OP reasons for returning his RX1.

Would you care to post some comparison pics taken with your M9+50 Summilux and RX1 as I am interested in the fact that you say "unequivocally state the output from the RX-1 has better IQ and dynamic range-not even in the same league"?

Look forward to some side-side pics from your M9 and RX1.

Regards.

Will do.  Right now out in Montana enjoying the skiing but will take some similar exposures and views to show differences.

Mind you, I LOVE my M9+Summilux.  There is much about this camera that you can love (and hate) but it is NOT an RX-1.  I am the first to recognize the RX-1 is a niche camera, however, for most who are not professionals or wildlife photo hobbyists, etc, the RX-1 will fulfill 95% of ones needs.

I have been into photography since 1981, have owned tons of DSLRs understand their advantages, particularly when it comes to special circumstances and would NEVER advocate for a professional shooting a wedding, sporting event, etc, to use an RX-1.  I wouldn't even advocate an RX-1 for an everyday camera if you don't have or want to spend the bucks.

What I am is a person, who has scaled down the size of my camera collection to cover what I would like to shoot 98+% of the time and can unequivocally state the RX-1 does it better than my M9, which is currently up for sale (still holding on to the Summilux).

I have done a ton of wildlife in the wilds of Montana with my 400 DO, but just don't have the desire anymore. A life choice.  I rather hike unencumbered.  Again, not advocating, as I think the 400 DO may be the best hand held wildlife lens ever made and the most berated lens when taken out of context.  I bring it up only in the context of portability and the the latitude in freeing one up to explore compared to heavier alternatives.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow