Thinking of changing my S95 for a LX7, few Q's...

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Veducci
Contributing MemberPosts: 782Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking of changing my S95 for a LX7, few Q's...
In reply to Markr041, Jan 19, 2013

Markr041 wrote:

I do not think Erik Ohlson's comments on the LX7 (having read through that thread) have much validity. He is *not* an experienced user of the LX7 (and thus has not searched for the best settings to use for different subjects), and has no interest in low light photography or video and evidently does not know or want to use RAW images to get the best from camera stills.

Cameras like the LX7 are great precisely because they allow customization - not all settings suit every situation. The LX7 is also good because of a superb lens, bigger than normal sensor, great bokeh, among the best video of any camera, and great low-light possibilities.

If you want a point and shoot in auto mode to take pictures of fences, it may not matter what camera you have.

After reading Erik`s dissatisfaction with the LX7 thread and reasons to sell it off were IMO based more on his admitted camera requirement of having to have a " telescoping recorder" (his own words) and his personal obsession with the ZS series (long zoom and jpeg only) as evidenced by most of his previous threads .

Veducci's gear list:Veducci's gear list
Fujifilm X-A1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow