Front Focus on Tamron 17-50 2.8

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Twong
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
Re: Front Focus on Tamron 17-50 2.8
In reply to wildkat2, Jan 19, 2013

This lens is my workhorse that is on my camera 90% of the time. Yes, it does require a bit more adjustment than all other in my system. The FF/BF that you referred to, what was the distance between the subject and the camera. While I was able to demonstrate slight FF at very close distance (~2'), the problem disappears at longer distance relevant to my style.

I stopped buying from eBay because of the poor return policy unless the price is so low that I don't care if it is a total loss. KEH, B&H, Adorama, Amazon are better choices imo.

wildkat2 wrote:

My Tamron 17-50 has developed severe front focus. At -10 I have it down to about 1/8th of an inch at 50mm but then at 17 it has a small bit of back focus.

Q: Anyone have a simular issue with this lens? I bought this used off ebay and I am wondering if someone passed off a lemon on me.

Q: Has anyone sent a lens to C.R.I.S for focus issues? I tried to do the online estimate thing but it says I need to send it in. Anyone know the approximate cost for getting AF repairs?

Any other input or suggestions are most welcome.

-- hide signature --

Very happy K5 & K200 owner!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ksuwildkat/

Twong's gear list:Twong's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow