D600 Dust Problem – solved for me – excellent service from Nikon in Australia

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leo360
Senior MemberPosts: 1,028
Like?
Re: D600 Dust Problem – solved for me – excellent service from Nikon in Australia
In reply to PaulF2, Jan 19, 2013

PaulF2 wrote:

I purchased a D600 at the end of September 2012. I few days later I noticed many spots on the sensor, I took it in to get the sensor cleaned at Nikon. I went on to shoot 10,000 frames and the dust/spot problem continued. I took it for a second clean and next day the spots returned. I tried to keep them at bay with the rocket blower, however it was a losing battle, .. some just would not budge.

Debris still building up after 10,000 frames. Seems the source is internal and is not going away.

This week I called Nikon Service and asked for their advice. They said to take it to the Nikon dealer where I purchased it. When I walked in to my friendly shop, they said that Nikon Service had already called and they immediately swapped it over for a new D600. I then said flippantly, what about swapping it for a D800 and they said.., no problem, just pay the difference. I walked out with a new D800E.

Smart move to switch to D800E. It seems that D600 has a design flow or serious manufacturing problem that Nikon has been unable to solve after 6 months in production.

Thanks Nikon and my dealer. The value of dealing with the authorised channel should not be underestimated.

Paul

I am glad that your story has a happy end. But the ending is bitter sweet. Nikon should not have released a faulty camera in the first place or at least have decency to acknowledge the problem. Canon did acknowledge it when one of their models had dust issues.

Leo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow