D600 Dust Problem – solved for me – excellent service from Nikon in Australia

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,050Gear list
Re: D600 Dust Problem – solved for me – excellent service from Nikon in Australia
In reply to PaulF2, Jan 19, 2013

PaulF2 wrote:

I purchased a D600 at the end of September 2012. I few days later I noticed many spots on the sensor, I took it in to get the sensor cleaned at Nikon. I went on to shoot 10,000 frames and the dust/spot problem continued. I took it for a second clean and next day the spots returned. I tried to keep them at bay with the rocket blower, however it was a losing battle, .. some just would not budge.

Debris still building up after 10,000 frames. Seems the source is internal and is not going away.

This week I called Nikon Service and asked for their advice. They said to take it to the Nikon dealer where I purchased it. When I walked in to my friendly shop, they said that Nikon Service had already called and they immediately swapped it over for a new D600. I then said flippantly, what about swapping it for a D800 and they said.., no problem, just pay the difference. I walked out with a new D800E.

Smart move to switch to D800E. It seems that D600 has a design flow or serious manufacturing problem that Nikon has been unable to solve after 6 months in production.

Thanks Nikon and my dealer. The value of dealing with the authorised channel should not be underestimated.

I am glad that your story has a happy end. But the ending is bitter sweet. Nikon should not have released a faulty camera in the first place or at least have decency to acknowledge the problem. Canon did acknowledge it when one of their models had dust issues.

Leo360's gear list:Leo360's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow