35mm 1.8 OSS Test

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
m1ti
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: 35mm 1.8 OSS Test
In reply to Alphabart, Jan 19, 2013

Really?

May be my example isn't very good because it is the really center (I have to stay further than 0.7m away from the box for focusing).

Here's a superimposed version with the same 2 RAWs - the brighter middle being Zeiss @ 2.0 (no brightness adjustment)

You can probably see better here that Sony has a dose of CA reducing the sharpness of the outline of the lens drawing. Also, in my opinion, the letters on the Zeiss is actually sharper.

The brighter Zeiss exposure is another advantage. Both pictures were on full manual with identical settings so by my guessing, Zeiss is around T-2.1 or T-2.2 at worst where as Sony is probably T-2.5.

I also probably need to take pictures of newspapers later to show the edge performance which I think is not exceptional for Sony whereas Zeiss, being a full frame lens, is better because the NEX corner is still within the lens sweet spot

In any case, as I probably implied earlier, Sony is a better lens after 6pm because of the OSS but for the daytime, I would take Zeiss.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow