D7000 Auto ISO question

Started Feb 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
disasterpiece
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 Auto ISO question
In reply to jonikon, Jan 19, 2013

I know that's an old topic, sorry for bringing it up, but I have the same issue, I'm frustrated by the same thing.

I've been shooting a D7000 for only over a month, but I think I already know it well enough to see a lot of room for improvement in it. For example, the Auto ISO could be very easily accessible in PASM the way you said - like it is in 'Green' auto - just below ISO 100. Another way to do it is, I think, with the sub dial when you hold 'ISO' - it isn't used now anyway - so it could toggle Auto ISO, and when Auto ISO is on, the main dial could change the upper limit for Auto ISO. I know it may sound confusing this way, but I see it very straightforwardly implemented in practice.

Do you think writing directly to Nikon about this (as mentioned in another forum) makes sense? Is D7000 still a subject of development (as this is a small software tweak by my judgement), or they're maybe focused on upcoming models?

disasterpiece's gear list:disasterpiece's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow