Just about to jump into m43. So how about these lenses..

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Just about to jump into m43. So how about these lenses..
Jan 19, 2013

Finally decided to go for a M43 system! The DSLR has been sitting on a shelf for months. The NEX I have is going on auction (I never fell in love with the NEX form-factor).

So the OM-D E-M5 is looking rather good to me right now and I've finally convinced myself the smaller sensor is not the major road-block I once thought it to be. The only question left now is what lenses?!

First, what will I use it for? Well, a baby is soon to come. The first baby for me! And my family is half-way around the world and demand lots of photos. So baby photos! Next, Just walking around taking snapshots of whatever catches my eye. I find a lot of things interesting that most people would never bother to take a photo of. So I guess you could say I like those off-the-wall artsy shots. I love Prime lenses by the way. Other than that, just documenting my life.

So here's the lenses I'm considering:

Olympus 12mm f/2 - The 24mm fov seemed wide enough for me when I was doing full-frame.

Olympus 45mm f/1.8 - seems like it would make a nice portrait lens. and I love primes!

Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/.95 - I reckon this will be my artsy lens.

And by this point my budget is just about gone but I'm thinking squeeze a few zooms on the credit card to cover my bases:

Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 - fairly cheap tele.

Panasonic Lumix H-FS014045 14-45mm F/3.5-5.6 - to be bought used on ebay. Heard it's good for the price.

Does it sound like a good lens line-up? or does anyone have some better suggestions for the money? I thought I might ask for advice since I've never used any MFT lenses. I've been review sites like crazy but always value the everyday users opinion most of all.

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow