Just about to jump into m43. So how about these lenses..

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jaeming
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?
Just about to jump into m43. So how about these lenses..
Jan 19, 2013

Finally decided to go for a M43 system! The DSLR has been sitting on a shelf for months. The NEX I have is going on auction (I never fell in love with the NEX form-factor).

So the OM-D E-M5 is looking rather good to me right now and I've finally convinced myself the smaller sensor is not the major road-block I once thought it to be. The only question left now is what lenses?!

First, what will I use it for? Well, a baby is soon to come. The first baby for me! And my family is half-way around the world and demand lots of photos. So baby photos! Next, Just walking around taking snapshots of whatever catches my eye. I find a lot of things interesting that most people would never bother to take a photo of. So I guess you could say I like those off-the-wall artsy shots. I love Prime lenses by the way. Other than that, just documenting my life.

So here's the lenses I'm considering:

Olympus 12mm f/2 - The 24mm fov seemed wide enough for me when I was doing full-frame.

Olympus 45mm f/1.8 - seems like it would make a nice portrait lens. and I love primes!

Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/.95 - I reckon this will be my artsy lens.

And by this point my budget is just about gone but I'm thinking squeeze a few zooms on the credit card to cover my bases:

Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 - fairly cheap tele.

Panasonic Lumix H-FS014045 14-45mm F/3.5-5.6 - to be bought used on ebay. Heard it's good for the price.

Does it sound like a good lens line-up? or does anyone have some better suggestions for the money? I thought I might ask for advice since I've never used any MFT lenses. I've been review sites like crazy but always value the everyday users opinion most of all.

Cheers,

Benji

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow