6D on submarine

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
GTOz
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Re: 6D on submarine
In reply to indusbreed, Jan 19, 2013

indusbreed wrote:

You did good. Would like to see some more.

For stationary objects, you can stop it down to 1/20, 1/30. I saw that you were shooting at f4.5. Now when you bring the kids into the equation, then those numbers just go out of the window.:-)

Keep shooting and keep sharing....

IB

Thanks very much. However my hands are such that I would always struggle to get the 40mm down to 1/20 or 1/30, especially after my morning coffee. But yes, kids do make it very hard, and they are my most common subject.

I find this sort of setting very difficult.  In low light I need to take more time as there is little room to move on shutter speed / ISO / aperture, but compromises are required. Shoot, check, adjust, shoot.  Can I afford to drop the shutter speed a little to get more DOF?? Try, check. No, didn't work.  OK, increase ISO and shutter speed, try again......

Looking after the kids, lots of people following, very little time to do much more than point and shoot.... hard to spend time on composition.  As a result not many of artistic value. Mainly family snapshots.  I would have loved to spend some time lining up some pictures of the extraordinary clusters of pipes, valves and dials.

Up periscope!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow