Can D90 body cause a lens not to focus correctly?

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,646Gear list
Like?
Re: Can D90 body cause a lens not to focus correctly?
In reply to racineur, Jan 19, 2013

racineur wrote:

Hello,

Short story: the VR on my 55-200 started to act bizarre after two years of good service. Would work randomly but most of the times the pics were blurred, out of focus. Nikon changed the lens. The second one acted the same way. Again Nikon changed it. So I'm with my third 55-200VR and this one too cannot achieve focus correctly over 55mm. Turned off VR: same thing. Tried the third lens on my old D50. Same problem. It's again in the hands of the camera store who is very helpful and kind. Either I'm very unlucky or the problem resides elsewhere: could the D90 body be interfering with the focus mechanism and/or the VR on the lens?

Thanks for your input

-- hide signature --

Let's keep it simple...Restons humains!

When you say camera store.. is that a bricks and mortar store you can go to with your D90 and try there and then?

If the lens doesn't properly on the D50 either, I would say you have been very unlucky.

When the next lens comes.. I'd try it on the D50 first.. then the D90. Hopefully the D90 will not mess up the lens. if that's possible. but at least you would know.

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow