Gear of choice for stiched mountain panorama's?

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Thin_Ice
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
Re: Gear of choice for stitched mountain panorama's?
In reply to dgnelson, Jan 19, 2013

Ok, thanks for the advice, but i still have some questions:

The concluson is that the omd is best for handheld pano's ( dynamic range, viewfinder in bright sunlight, level indication).

For the lens, there are several opinions. I understand that corner to corner sharpness is most important.  What about diffraction when stopped down?  Are there other important things specific for pano's (handling of light an shadow, contrast,...). What about filters?  Can they take filters and can i use a circular polarisation filter in a pano of 180°?

Pl 20 or pl25 : is there a problem with the last one when stopped down?

Oly 45 mm

No input so far on the oly 60 mm macro! I suppose this one has good corner to corner sharpness?

What about the new oly 17 mm in stead of  older pl20 ?  This focus length has probably more alround possibilities?

I am looking for an upgrade to a future  proof compact system for alround use, with some better lenses for better than average results.  The  mountain panorama thing is just one aspect i want it to optimise for.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Steven

Thin_Ice's gear list:Thin_Ice's gear list
Olympus E-420 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow