Voigtlander 90/3.5 or Nikkor 85/1.8G?

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,758Gear list
Like?
Re: Voigtlander 90/3.5 or Nikkor 85/1.8G?
In reply to Emil Varadi, Jan 19, 2013

Emil Varadi wrote:

If these two lenses were put in front of you on a table, which one would you mount first on your camera?

And which one yould you actually keep?

Well, I could only imagine this scenario, having never seen a Voigtlander 90mm/3.5, until I recently took delivery of my own, purchased sight unseen through EBay as a "Buy It Now" transaction. Various reviews, over time, and a few conversations, led me to the Cosina Voigtlander lenses. So, from the virtual table of the computer screen, I selected the Voigtlander, without considering any Nikkors at the time, as finding a VGT 90 in the USA had been very difficult. The discontinuation of this lens had caught me by surprise, as I had generally avoided consideration of Nikon-fit lens purchases during a recent period of self-imposed austerity.

The Voigtlander would have been my obvious choice, of the two, anyway, as its compactness and manual aperture ring would be desirable for use on an FM3A. We do have Nikons that can use G lenses, but I tend to consider my little film Nikons when buying fixed-focal-length lenses.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow