How to choose a Casio

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
OpticsEngineer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,879Gear list
Like?
Re: How to choose a Casio
In reply to sunflowerjane, Jan 19, 2013

The Casio ZR15 and ZR200 are rated as quite good cameras in the German magazines I have picked up on vacation in Europe.  But they are hardly available here in the Unitied States where I live.   The websites here say that if I order one, it will be shipped from Japan.  Can I ask what country are you in and have you seen Casio available there?

I was thinking I might pick up a Casio camera next time I am in Germany next summer, just to have something that I know no one else will have.  But I do keep in mind that my uncle-in-law in Germany bought a Panasonic for his compact camera.  He is is a retired color process engineer for a German travel magazine, and would from time to time sell his vacation pictures to the magazine to be published.  The candid shots he took for our wedding were amazing (years ago with a film camera.)   He is really is quite picky about what he picks for his cameras.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A65 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow