Which NEX should I buy? It does not matter!

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zink
Regular MemberPosts: 468Gear list
Like?
Which NEX should I buy? It does not matter!
Jan 19, 2013

Almost everyone is discussing the differences between the NEX models (F3, 5N, 5R, 6). Well, there are some differences. This one has wifi, that one has a pop up flash... and look, there is one with a viewfinder. But I want to say: for image quality, it does not matter. Comparing the image quality of a NEX-F3, 5N, 5R and 6 is like comparing essentially the same cars, but one with 250 bhp, one with 252 bhp and the other two with 251 bhp. Take a picture with the F3 (the "worst") at ISO 3200 and with the 5N (the "best"), put them through LR or something  and print those pictures at A4. You probably are not going to tell which one is from the F3 or the 5N when they are shown in random order.

What matters are the features of the camera's. Buy the one that suits your needs best, or (like I did) buy the cheapest. What matters most are your skills to take a good picture. So, stop talking and start shooting and show your results here. That would make this forum a lot more interesting.

zink's gear list:zink's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 +10 more
Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow