need opinion from anyone who switched from 1DS3 to 1DX

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Herb
Contributing MemberPosts: 858Gear list
Like?
1DsIII to 1Dx
In reply to Kaoma, Jan 19, 2013

I bought a very nice used 1DsIII from EBay.  They are out there just have to look.  The guy I bought it from had sent it in for a cleaning and checkup to CPS before I bought it.  Camera came with CPS paperwork and only had about 10,000 actuations on the shutter.

i was stunned at the image clarity, color and focus.  I had the 1D and 1DII prior and while they were oalways as never really happy with them in those terms.  the 1DsIII turned all of that around for me.  I too was not real happy with the small buffer.  I had bought the camera with a 24-105L lens, which I was also looking for, for $3500.  I ended up trading the 1DsIII for the like new (less than 4000 actuations) 1Dx and $3,300 cash.  I was very pleased with the trade.

the camera does everything that the 1DsIII did and more.  The customization of the various controls is fabulous!  That is an understatement.  The buffer is fantastic.  The focus ability is superb.  It is like driving a full race ready Ferrari.

is this the last camera for me, who knows......but it is one hell of a camera.....I am not looking back at all.

here is my CamRanger setup in Rome recently....

Here is the shot it took....

Notice iPhone used to trigger camera and review shots in my left hand.

-- hide signature --

Herb Turner

Herb's gear list:Herb's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow