Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297Gear list
Like?
Got my fisheye yesterday!
Jan 19, 2013

I don't get new stuff very often and don't post a lot photos, but I had a little fun with my new rokinon fisheye today and thought I'd put up a few pics. First my brickwall shots:

f/3.5

f/3.5 inverted

f/5.6

f/5.6 inverted

These were shot in raw, opened in LR4 and developed with no NR and no sharpening. Looks like my copy is a little decentered (maybe more than a little, I don't know). The upper right corner is a little soft, but I think I can live with it. I'm not terribly picky. The effect is less noticeable at f/5.6.

Here are a few shots I took on my way back to the car after work today. Feel free to comment.

All were shot raw and developed in LR4. I usually stay away from "stylized" post processing, but I liked the look of the tree photos desaturated with a little extra clarity. I especially liked the cross-process look on that old chevy van.

I was trying to hold out and save up my money for the new oly 17mm, but I got a little cash in my pocket and it burned a hole. I think I'll have a lot of fun with this lens, though and I'm glad I bought it.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow