Trigger a 430 Speedlite (film) with 430EX Flash

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tuckerpup
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: Trigger a 430 Speedlite (film) with 430EX Flash
In reply to Yan Duval, Jan 19, 2013

Earlier this evening I tried a couple of things.   Not surprisingly, the wireless function on the 60D was useless in triggering the 430EZ.  So then I tried an optical slave trigger on the 430 EZ.  The preflash from the popup on the 60D would trigger the flash, and then it wouldn't necessarily have enough power to flash right away when I took an exposure.  A couple of times I held the shutter button down and gave the flash enough time to recycle, and it looked like the flash went off but the resulting exposure didn't really seem to reflect that light - maybe it was a synching kind of issue.

Maybe this could be solved by focusing off a back button, I'll have to try that.

Regardless, I'm sure if I ever get it to work it will be in manual mode.  I have a 430EX but I also have two 430 EZ's from pre-digital days.  I hate to think I can't find a way to use them.

Tuckerpup's gear list:Tuckerpup's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow