35mm 1.8 OSS Test

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,763Gear list
Like?
Re: 35mm 1.8 OSS Test
In reply to Clayton1985, Jan 19, 2013

Clayton1985 wrote:

I've used the 35mm several times since I got it and it seemed to perform better wide open than Lee's copy but I hadn't done any comparison testing. So, I attempted a quick and dirty test similar to the one Lee posted. Sorry, not so good lighting but hopefully good enough to be useful. These were tripod mounted with self timer and OSS disabled.

Lee - I don't usually do these kinds of comparisons but your results made me think that it might be a good idea. Please let me know if you think I need to change something in my testing to more accurately compare.

1/60, f1.8, ISO 200

Clayton, I can see the same 'edge' softening around the lettering that Lee and I show in other images, but I have the impression that you took your picture from a closer distance, hence there is a lot more black showing.

Can you allow 100% viewing in your user-profile, that way it is possible to compare your shots.

On the surface, I see a similar effect, but the characters being larger (I think) makes them more black, and mitigates the effect to a large extent.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow