Silkypix Users Get In Here

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
A Girard
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,216Gear list
Like?
Re: Instant gratification? Really?
In reply to harry cannoli, Jan 19, 2013

I"m not sure why the anger at the OP. Like apps for Apple, there's usually a video for about everything on Youtube and the OP was likely fishing for one. As someone who has been dealing with video and Final Cut Pro over the last year I can tell you the homies and their videos have proved invaluable to me and I have expressed that appreciation to them when I did reference their work, as they do often do a better job of explaining technical information than the companies themselves.

As someone who often deals with producing procedures at work, instructions provided with a product are often horrible afterthoughts almost as if the authors are thinking "no worries, they can get their answers on the forums"...i.e. you, the 45 minute guy.

I wouldn't crap on the OP on this one, and I like you call them as I see them. Personally I don't know why people don't invest in PP Elements for 99.00 if they can afford it, as I believe you get alot more.

harry cannoli wrote:

Normally, I would accommodate a request for SilkyPix help with either a personal explanation of the steps involved, or I would point the person looking for help to a few useful links. I guess that's not good enough for you.

I have spent 45 minutes writing a response to someone looking for help with SilkyPix, it's nice to know that I won't be doing that again to help you. You want a video. Phew, I can spend the 45 minutes I may have spent helping you watching a movie on Netflix.

You're asking for someone who has already spent time learning SilkyPix to spend more time making a detailed video for you. Regarding SilkyPix help, if you ask specific questions I'll gladly answer them. Me spending hours and hours producing a video to make your life easier? Not so much. Maybe someone out here will spend an evening or two producing a nice video for you, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. I could be wrong. For your sake, I hope I am.

Instant gratification elevated to new heights...

I call 'em like I see 'em. Sorry.

Rich
ice nine photography
Take only photographs, leave only footprints.

-- hide signature --

my website www.rememberyourjourney.com

A Girard's gear list:A Girard's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Nik Color Efex Pro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow