Regrettably rx1 returning.

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,728
Re: Too bad
In reply to Len_Gee, Jan 18, 2013

Len_Gee wrote:

Priaptor wrote:

I on the other hand own an M9 + 50 Summilux for close to two years, waited 3 months to get the 50 Sum because I love the lens and despite my love for the camera, tried and bought an RX-1 actually own and use both and can unequivocally state the output from the RX-1 has better IQ and dynamic range-not even in the same league.

My point was your irrelevant comments comparing two cameras, neither one you own. That is "my problem".

You've made some very interesting comments re: OP reasons for returning his RX1.

Would you care to post some comparison pics taken with your M9+50 Summilux and RX1 as I am interested in the fact that you say "unequivocally state the output from the RX-1 has better IQ and dynamic range-not even in the same league"?

Look forward to some side-side pics from your M9 and RX1.

As a very long time Leica shooter with extensive M9 and M8 experience I will agree that my RX1 is technically superior.

DR is not debatable.

IQ is more subjective but no currently available Leica M lens is superior to the RX1 lens and the Sony sensor is superior to the M9 sensor.

Having said that, my favorite Leica lens is the 50 f/1 Noctilux which is not a paragon of virtue when it comes to technical perfection.

So, for technical qualities the RX1 is superior in my opinion.

But, do I take better photos with my RX1 compared to my, now sold, M9?

It is still too early to tell but I am extremely impressed with the RX1 so far.  It is an amazing camera.

Fashion Meets Fighting

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow