Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
venice
Senior MemberPosts: 1,594Gear list
Like?
Re: Too bad
In reply to Len_Gee, Jan 18, 2013

Len_Gee wrote:

Priaptor wrote:

I on the other hand own an M9 + 50 Summilux for close to two years, waited 3 months to get the 50 Sum because I love the lens and despite my love for the camera, tried and bought an RX-1 actually own and use both and can unequivocally state the output from the RX-1 has better IQ and dynamic range-not even in the same league.

My point was your irrelevant comments comparing two cameras, neither one you own. That is "my problem".

Hello,

You've made some very interesting comments re: OP reasons for returning his RX1.

Would you care to post some comparison pics taken with your M9+50 Summilux and RX1 as I am interested in the fact that you say "unequivocally state the output from the RX-1 has better IQ and dynamic range-not even in the same league"?

Look forward to some side-side pics from your M9 and RX1.

Regards.

As a very long time Leica shooter with extensive M9 and M8 experience I will agree that my RX1 is technically superior.

DR is not debatable.

IQ is more subjective but no currently available Leica M lens is superior to the RX1 lens and the Sony sensor is superior to the M9 sensor.

Having said that, my favorite Leica lens is the 50 f/1 Noctilux which is not a paragon of virtue when it comes to technical perfection.

So, for technical qualities the RX1 is superior in my opinion.

But, do I take better photos with my RX1 compared to my, now sold, M9?

It is still too early to tell but I am extremely impressed with the RX1 so far.  It is an amazing camera.

-Bill

Fashion Meets Fighting

http://www.hatakeyamagallery.com/april-2012-bill-fulcher/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow