Is this the worst D600 sensor spots issue you've ever seen?

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dholl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,121
Like?
Is this the worst D600 sensor spots issue you've ever seen?
Jan 18, 2013

This is my D600.  Bought a week ago from MediaMarkt.  SN: 603xxxx.  Apparently a brand new shipment as they sold out recently.

1100 shots later...just look at those spots!!

d600 dust - 1100 shots

d600 spots after 1100 shots - 50 percent top-left crop

frak me...I've used dozens of interchangeable lens cameras, and even the exposed sensors of the mirrorless cams never get close to this kind of dirt even after 10 times as many shots (and 10 times as many lens-changes too).

This is frankly a defect.  I know all Nikons are generally prone to oil-splatter after mirror-slaps, but none as bad as this.  I'm debating my next step...yes, I could wet-clean...but do I really have to do this every week?  And do I really have to keep an eye on my post-processing for spots?  What's if I miss some and a client complains about spots in his printed images?

I just had to experience this infamous issue for myself, and now I can indeed confirm that it's bad...very bad.

MediaMarkt will accept a return within 14 days...D800 is not likely to be anywhere near as bad as this (but it's an extra €650 expense...which is very annoying to say the least).

Hello Canon!  Sorry I ever left you...

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow