Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gene J. Paull
Senior MemberPosts: 1,517Gear list
Like?
Morning Bach-ache makes equipment decision for me
Jan 18, 2013

No more what camera questions!  Woke up this morning with an excruciating lower back ache (I'm 67 years old).  From here on out, for travel hiking parades and general carrying it's the m 4/3.  First thing the dr. Said this morning was get rid of that heavy back pack.  Right now I have a GF1 w. 20 mm, 14-45, and 45-200.  They get to travel, the Nikon D700 and associated lenses stay home.  Nothing about IQ, just can't do the 5 mile mountain hike with associated gear and tripod that the d700 requires.

I really like doing back country ethnographic photography in Central and South America along with hiking waterfall trails in the Appalachians.  Interesting I may a take a film camera along with the  Gf1 - a small NikonFe2 and a 50 mm lens.

My $.02 for today

-- hide signature --

Gene in Deep South Texas
http://www.pbase.com/lahuasteca/

Gene J. Paull's gear list:Gene J. Paull's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D80 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow