complex flash questions

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Klipsen
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,077Gear list
Like?
Tested and confirmed
In reply to Alphamale77, Jan 18, 2013

I put my theory to the test, and I was right. I have a Minolta OS-1100 (Sony FA-CS1AM) with a hole similar to the one in your trigger, and I keep it covered with adhesive tape. I had simply forgotten why, but I have had similar problems using an off-camera flash (connected to the hotshoe by cable) as a remote trigger for other flashes - until I covered the hole, that is.

Alphamale77 wrote:

Interesting,i've never heard this one before,

There's always a first time

i will have mount the 20am on the powered down transmitter to see whether the hardware trigger exists.

There's no "hardware trigger", but simply a small contact that tells the camera whether the flash is mounted directly in the hotshoe or not. The small table stands that come with the 58s have the aforementioned holes ... as do your flash triggers. The ones from Phottix do not.

Good observation.

I think it is

But I'm not sure it'll solve your problem, because the triggers probably work by emulating one single, hotshoe-mounted flash in TTL-mode, whereas the 20 will need fo be used i wireless mode.

-- hide signature --

Ceterum censeo soleam calidam ISO esse delendam.

Klipsen's gear list:Klipsen's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow