A99 worthy over A77?

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,667Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 worthy over A77?
In reply to Tariag, Jan 18, 2013

Tariag wrote:

Well I actually didn't decide anything, it's just an idea... I'm also thinking about

A77 + X-E1

X-E1 + D600

Don't buy the D600 without reading up on the issue with sensor-dust (or sensor-oil, according to some). I was giving serious thought to selling all my Sony stuff and buying the D600. I liked the A99 better as a body, as a tool, but there would some advantages to me to having the Nikon flash system and some of Nikon's other secondary perks. I gave up the idea after reading scores of reports from users about the problems with dust. D600 seems to be a great camera otherwise, so great that some people are willing to go to the trouble to wet-clean their sensors every few hundred shots. But a lot of the reports I read came from users who were quite angry about the problem, the lack of acknowledgement from Nikon (no real surprise there, though) and the lack of any sort of a fix (which would be annoying). Anyway, I'm not saying not to get the D600. Just read up on this issue before you do, so you won't be surprised.

But heck, if you're thinking about the Fuji, why not really go for the gold and get the Sony RX1?? If I had the money, that's what I would do. And A99 for work and an RX1 for play (or, now that I think of it, possibly vice versa) would be the perfect combination, in my view. An A77 + RX1 would also be a great pair.

Good luck making up your mind.

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow