V1 primary or back up camera?

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,818Gear list
Like?
Re: V1 primary or back up camera?
In reply to Craig 66, Jan 18, 2013

Craig 66 wrote:

Picked up the V1 two lens kit during the holiday sale from B&H and a refurbished flash from Cametta. Plan on using the V1 for shots of the grand kids playing sports and horses at play. Want to get a second camera like a Fuji X00s for landscape and people. My questions are, do you use the N1 system as your primary camera or as a back up? And if you have another camera what is it and what do you use each for?

Thanks for all responses?

Craig

I consider my V1 a more of a social friendly companion camera to my much larger and more intimidating D7000 DSLR, but not really a back-up for my DSLR,(for that I have a Nikon D5100). Although the D7000 is capable of better image quality, the V1 is the camera  I chose for the family and social photography now because it has other virtues I had not anticipated when I bought it. Due to its diminutive size and silent shutter, I find I am getting more and better candid shots than I ever did with my DSLRs. It's even better than a P&S in this regard because of the high ISO image quality allows me to avoid using flash at times, and when I must use flash, the SB-N5  bounce flash is not annoying like a direct flash and gives a softer and  better look as well. I am also getting into more photos since I can hand off my V1 to anyone, regardless of their photography experience and still get very good results. Needless to say, I have not used any of my P&S cameras since I got my V1!
- Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow