Comments welcome on the F600EXR from users please..good, bad??

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 3,158
Like?
Comments welcome on the F600EXR from users please..good, bad??
Jan 18, 2013

I could use another small, lightweight cam for hiking, camping, and kayaking and ran across a Fuji refurb F600EXR. I searched this forum and did not see much in the way of camera IQ, dependability, user praise or damnation. Is this the model that has had it's share of lens issues (distortion)? And assuming it's best output is via EXR in M size with 8MP, I'm concerned that I wont be able to print at a 16x20" if I get a real keeper.

I love the Fuji color almost as much as my Kodak colors so that's playing a big part. Comments welcome.

I'm also tempted by the HS30 at Costco for $249. since my Kodak Z990 is having some lens error messages from time to time, but from what I have seen, the HS30's IQ is not a step up in IQ compared to my Z990..maybe lateral. Again, the 8MP optimal issue has me thinking of sticking with another Z990 (despite it's slow write times) and very good IQ at all lengths. Maybe I will just wait and see what the new Fuji zoom is all about.

Kodak EasyShare Z990 (EasyShare Max)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow