Image Quality

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
Mais78
Contributing MemberPosts: 609Gear list
Like?
Re: Image Quality
In reply to billybob8469, Jan 18, 2013

billybob8469 wrote:

I have starting doing newborn and infant shoots. I am very happy with the pictures I am taking, however I don’t seem to be getting that “professional look” I see with other people’s images. My set up:

Canon T1i

Canon 50mm 1.8

Canon 70-200 F4 L

Processed in lightroom 3

I am thinking about upgrading to the 5d Mark ii. Will I see the increase in image quality that I am expecting? I assume yes, but don’t want to pay the money and get the same results.

By image quality I am referring to a crispness and “magazine” quality I see in professional work.

I think you would be wasting your money, T1i and 50mm 1.8 are perfectly capable of taking very sharp pics. Try with better light, better tecnique and better pp (shoot raw). When you get great pictures but feel you need better performance in low light or shallower DOF then it is time for full frame. But in undemanding shooting conditions you should be able to get good pictures also with a point and shoot, a 5D will not make much difference.

Mais78's gear list:Mais78's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow