a longtime d7000 & d5100 user's thoughts

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ocean76
Regular MemberPosts: 234
Like?
Re: a longtime d7000 & d5100 user's thoughts
In reply to JakeB, Jan 18, 2013

JakeB wrote:

What's sad is that you post an OBVIOUSLY OUT OF FOCUS photograph and instead of realizing there is something wrong with your camera and/or lens you reach the conclusion that this is the best that the Nikon D7000 can achieve and make an incorrect post that the D7000's "image quality is worser [sic] than the D5100."

Do you really think anyone in their right mind is going to spend around $1,000 (original D7000 price) on a camera body and be satisfied with the result above?

I'm glad to see you're getting help with your individual camera or lens problems, but making a misleading post where you claim the camera itself is flawed in this respect is a rotten way to go about it.

Hi Jake,
you are right if I sounded like the way you explained but my aim was/is totally different than this..
I sent my camera for 2 times in order to understand whether it needed fine tuning or not and for both times (and 1st one was an authorized nikon service) they assured me that there's nothing wrong with my camera and no tuning is needed..
I am not an expert so I trusted them... and continued shooting..
Then I owned a 5100 and a while ago I decided to make a comparison and run this test and the result was a huge disapointment for my d7k...
5100's image quality was better than d7ks as you can see at those photos...
and this made me very very sad..and I decided to change my d7k..

I still think that the chances to get a better quality shoot with a 5100 is greater than d7k...
You can say it is because of user errors but then why in general I get sharper images with my 5100 with the same style that I use my d7k?

and I assure you that I really really want to love my d7k and get sharper results and want to trust it 100%..
but whenever I make a quality test there's sth wrong with the quality..(I havent done too many though)

and lastly I must confess that I am highly affected with the comments made by 2 of the most popular uk based photo magazines about d7k, you can read them here
1st one belongs to digital camera world magazine, pls check their rating to d7k's image quality (it was a thread opened by me):

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50040283

and the 2nd one is under this thread: subject name is 'this months n-photo magazine'
quoting to below:

Ive just bought this N-Photo Nikon magazine and below is directly from them:

nikon d7000 lab test results:
something of a surprise (or shock) in the resolution test that the d7000 delivers the worst scores of any cemara in the group.

nikon d5100 lab test results:
despite having the same 16.2 mp sesnor as the d7000, the d5100 delivers great resolution and almost keeps pace with the d3200...

all these affected me in a bad way and I cant enjoy and trust my d7k..
I sometimes think it is an overrated camera and I have to lower my expectations... 
It is what I feel and wanted to share all these...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow