Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sam_siciliano
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
paper alignment problem on Epson 3880 with 17 X 25 paper
Jan 18, 2013

I've tried making 17 X 25 enlargements on my Epson using Red River Ultra Satin 17 X 25 paper, and the results have been spectacular.  However, I have had a minor problem with paper alignment.  Basically, the margins end up being off;  it's not feeding in exactly straight.  I end up starting with about an eighth inch on either side, but by the time it gets to the end, there is no margin on the right side, and one of over a quarter of an inch on the left side.  I've fed 3 sheets in and had this problem 2 out of the 3 times.  Does anyone have any idea of a workaround for this?  I've never had the issue with the few 11 X 16.5 or 13 X 19 inch sheets I've used.  It's obviously not a result of the paper type, etc, but rather of the sheer size of the paper.

I am using the upper multi-sheet feeder rather the single sheet lower feeder for matte and really thick papers.  (However, I'm only putting in one sheet at a time.)  I'm not sure trying to use the lower feeder which is flatter and more straight through would be an option, since I think the feeder you use is determined by the paper, and it will not let you use something like ultra premium luster in the lower feeder.

I can compensate for this when I put a mat around the paper, but it is annoying.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow