Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
heulwen
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
Cold weather, squeaky sound (D600)
Jan 18, 2013

I bought the D600 yesterday, took it outside for a ride today. Somewhere along my walk I thought I heard a mouse, you know, a couple of high pitched squeaks. Didn't see one and walked onwards. Heard the noise again and soon I realised it was the camera. It squeaked a couple of times every time I turned it on and off.
Yes, it was cold, -20'C, but none of my other cameras have ever behaved in a similar manner in the same circumstances (D50, D90, D700). Now, after having completely warmed up inside the house, the sound is gone.
Have anyone else noticed the same kind of phenomenon, and not only with the D600 but with any camera? Is it normal? Or mainly, should I be concerned?

(As a sidenote, I bought the camera from one of my countries biggest camera shops, and when I asked about the spots on sensor-issue, they said they were aware of it/read about it, but had not had one single body sent back to service with the problem. Interesting.)

heulwen's gear list:heulwen's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +5 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow