How much longer will 4/3 lenses be sellable? (second hand)

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Art_P
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,061Gear list
Like?
Forever ;)
In reply to K Mcgregor, Jan 18, 2013

Well, maybe not... but Olympus hints at a body that will take the micro lenses and still focus the old glass fast. once that becomes reality, you should see used prices improve.

2) there's still a base out there, and when lenses fail some may just replace rather than fix

3) a lot of 4/3 lenses have no m43 equals, those lenses still have value to some micro users as well as diehard E-system users.

On the other hand, those SHG lenses are quite large compared to what is available for m43 and as such appeal less to someone looking for a compact system.

For the $200 or so you'll spend on a 70-300, I wouldn't worry- use it a few years and average the cost over those years.  If you move over to m43, it will still work for you. If you sell it at a loss, consider it the cost of 'renting' the lens.

Are you buying for investment or to use?  If for investment, maybe you should be looking at Leica lenses instead... or gold, or fine art,

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow