Sony on Object Tracking and High Speed Drive (fantastic)

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Karl Scharf
Senior MemberPosts: 3,060Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony on Object Tracking and High Speed Drive (fantastic)
In reply to GARY FONG INC, Jan 18, 2013

GARY FONG INC wrote:

After being a Canon user for nearly 20 years, I've switched to Sony for most of my personal stuff.

What I do most these days is take photos of my 15 month old twins (boy and a girl). By setting my Sony up in the following manner, I'm getting fantastic results with shooting them with an 85mm f1.4 lens, wide open. Here's the setting:

1) set dial knob under lens to "C"

2) on menu, activate object tracking and if you would like, face recognition (face recognition will priority track your "saved" face so that person stays focused in a crowd. Great for following a bride around in a cocktail hour.

3) Turn the drive to high speed.

Here's what you will experience. The moving box will track your 'child' across the frame, capture the face and focus it quite often right on the eyeballs.

The following video was shot with a Sony A77 and shows what a great creative tool and electronic "OLED" viewfinder can make your shooting so much fun.

Here's the video click here

-- hide signature --

Gary Fong
Inventor of the Lightsphere

This sounds so good that I am going to store these settings in one of my 'memory recall' groups for instant access. Thanks Gary.

-- hide signature --

Karl Scharf >>> ( Sony SLT-A77, Rokinon 8mm, Sigma 10-20 f4.0-5.6, Sigma 18-250 f3.5-6.3, Sigma 50-500 f4.5-6.3 OS, Minolta 70-210 f4.0, Minolta 50 f1.7, Kenko 1.4x DGX ) <<<

Karl Scharf's gear list:Karl Scharf's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow