6D usability/controls/Menu questions/feedback

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
maarensv
Regular MemberPosts: 461Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D usability/controls/Menu questions/feedback
In reply to b4cktr4ck, Jan 18, 2013

Hi,

I find the 7D's ergonomics to be one of the best. Almost everything is easily attainable, even with gloves on. The 6D is less good in that area. I used the joystick of the 7D to choose focus point and it worked really well, both in portait and landscape position. I set the 6D's multi controller to choose focus point also, but turned it off quickly because it is imprecise. The joystick definitely wins for me.

What I do like about the 6D is that most settings can be changed with my right hand only. No need to get the left hand off the lens. Also the instant 2, 4, 8 or 10x zoom button is a big plus in comparison to the zoom in/out buttons of other EOS cameras. I set it to 8x.

For the rest, it is just a matter of getting used to the changes. The camera fits my small hands really well and the central focus point has proven to be extremely reliable which is more important than some ergonomic changes IMO.

Regards, Sandor.

maarensv's gear list:maarensv's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow