Close up lens/filter

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Letsgokoulos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,466
Like?
Re: Close up lens/filter
In reply to Sonyshine, Jan 18, 2013

Sonyshine wrote:

Raynox lenses are pretty good. The cheapo alternatives you find on fleabay are rubbish.

The Raynox DCR-250 (+8) is quite a high ratio magnification, and therefore difficult to use with long focal lengths such as the 18-200mm. The DCR-150 (+4.8) may be easier to handle with such a lens. The Raynox lenses come with a standard adapter fitting 52-67mm filter diameters.

Otherwise, you have achromat lenses like the Marumi DHG 200 (+5) or 330 (+3) that come in various filter diameters. I am using the DHG 330 in 67mm diameter on the SEL18200 with good results. I also have a DHG 200 that I use with shorter focal lengths, such as 50mm in the standard Sony 49mm diameter.

You can also find achromat close-up lenses from Canon (250D and 500D) or Konica-Minolta (CL49-200), but I cannot advise you on these.

Many cheaper close-up lenses can be found on internet, I strongly advise to avoid them. Should you look for low prices, just ensure that the lenses are at least 'achromat' ones.

Marc

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow