ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marquee
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
5D3 - Image + sharpness question / comments
Jan 18, 2013

Hi All,

Have recently acquired a 5D3 and 24 TS-E F3.5L II to go with existing kit. The attached shots were taken with no shift or tilt applied - shooting position was far from ideal on a muddy bank. I attach two versons of the image with different sharpening applied - one using a multi step process involving High pass filters and managed USM, the other with more heavy handed Smart Sharpen + a second crude global sharpen. Any comments on image / sharpness / suggested PS actions for sharpening would be appreciated. I acknowledge that the first thing to get right is using the lens / body combo on a tripd and adjusting things (tilt + slightly larger aperture) in a methodical fashion, The shooting conditions in this instance precluded a tripod

Regards

Mark

First Image with more heavy handed sharpening

Second version with more conservative sharpening

There are other versions in my gallery page if you are interested, now the scene is covered in snow, may venture back and plant the tripod in the water with wellies on!!

Regards

Mark

Marquee's gear list:Marquee's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow