D90 user thinking about move to D600

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Antony John
Senior MemberPosts: 1,098Gear list
Like?
Re: D90 user thinking about move to D600
In reply to tamasine, Jan 18, 2013

I also just migrated from the D90 to a D600. Build quality is similar (so if you were happy with the BQ of the D90 ...) but the IQ is a significant improvement.

There's just no way I could get the IQ out of the D90, over a number of years (and D80 and D40X before that), that I'm getting with the D600.

The only other bit of photographic equipment that I'm enjoying as much as the D600 is my Zeiss 35 F2 lens - I don't please easily.

I could have chosen either the D600 or D800 but decided to save the difference for (another) Zeiss lens. Initially using my 4 year old laptop to open and process the D600 NEF files took long enough to be painful (Capture NX and Lightroom) so I'm glad I went for the D600. On an i5 desktop the processing is much faster but still a tad too slow. I'm unlikely to require the 36 MP to facilitate really large prints anyway.

There are those that complain about dust and oil (non yet on mine but only 200-300 actuations) but this is a simple matter to overcome. I clean my camera on the outside anyway so the 'inside' is not a biggy.

-- hide signature --

AJ
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Antony John's gear list:Antony John's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D90 Nikon D600 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon D810 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow