Just finished a short film shot on hacked GH2, feedback appreciated!

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Keith Lommel
Contributing MemberPosts: 694Gear list
Like?
Re: Just finished a short film shot on hacked GH2, feedback appreciated!
In reply to Ray Roberts, Jan 18, 2013

Ray Roberts wrote:

Dis you hand hold the camera? Far too much movement in the cafe, also images do not look sharp in the cafe!
Later on you have a color shift & after that unfortunately I got bored! Your sound was very good.

Thanks for taking the time to watch this Ray. Yes, I was hand-holding in the cafe. I'm generally not a fan of that look, and would have preferred to set up better shots on tripod, etc., but unfortunately our original venue fell through, and we didn't actually have permission to shoot in this cafe, so things had to be kept discreet... it's unfortunate that this means the worst footage therefore comes at the beginning of the film. I'm much happier with the camera work in the second half of the film, but oh well.

Lesson learned: shooting "guerrilla-style" is not an acceptable substitute for a proper location that will let you set up tripods and lights...

Keith Lommel's gear list:Keith Lommel's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +32 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow