Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bjorn_L
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,457Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Macro Lens for D800E
In reply to Digitalcaveman, Jan 18, 2013

Digitalcaveman wrote:

Guys,

Wanted to see what the best macro lens for the D800E would be for really getting close, like close enough to view the lines on a fly's wing if I wanted to....

I'm thinking of adding this 4th lens to my Trinity of Lenses so want it to be the best.

Thanks,

DC

Your ability to view small details will depend as much on technique and lighting as lens selection.

I'd suggest you also want a good ballhead tripod and a macro slide if you are out after the best results.

The two lenses which get the most love in the Macro world are the Nikon 105vr and the Sigma 150.  I like the Sigma more others have their own favorite.  Most any macro lens is going to be be good.  I can not recall trying one where I did not like the results.

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Bjorn_L's gear list:Bjorn_L's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow