NX100 Custom White Balance...

Started Nov 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
sixfootzero
Regular MemberPosts: 457
Like?
Re: NX100 Custom White Balance...
In reply to brianj, Jan 18, 2013

Congrats on your new camera.  I have been using an NX100 for about 18 months, and hope to have it around for many years to come.

I love how easy it is to set a custom white balance with this camera.  The hardest part is explaining to people around me why I just took a picture of a napkin and that no, I didn't actually take a picture, etc...  I tried to help a friend set the custom white balance on his K-5, and while I was probably doing it wrong, it was a multiple-step menu diving operation.  With all the buttons on that camera it's hard to believe one of them couldn't be make to operate like the C button on the NX.

Having said all that, as of December 31st I no longer worry thatmuch about white balance.  (I switch between daylight for outdoor shots and incandescent/fluorescent for indoors just so the "preview" jpegs look OK.) I was going out on the town for New Year's Eve and knew I'd be shooting in low light so I started taking RAW+JPG.  Even at base ISO it makes a difference in texture if you're looking at full size images.  At high ISO it really opens up ISO3200 to make usable images.  I'm using the software that came with the camera and it works pretty well even though the user interface has  a strong "All your base are belong to us" vibe.  http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/all-your-base-are-belong-to-us

Happy shooting!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow