Christmas ballet shooting

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Donald B
Senior MemberPosts: 3,309Gear list
Like?
Re: Christmas ballet shooting
In reply to kitsios_spyros, Jan 18, 2013

Hi Spyros, how big is the room in meters, my backdrops are 3m wide + 1.5m black velvet either side total 6m the black alows for easy photo shoping more backdrop in on large groups 30 dancers. you need some shadows otherwise their is no contrast and the dancer is not conected to the floor. to soften the shadows you need to increase the size ofthe light source not increase the number. i use 1 large single light placed right on top of the lens its a good 2m above the ground but my flashes are placed to spread the light pointing at all directions behind a brolly or a 1m dia white diffuser if the ceiling or walls are not white i find the diffuser better than the brolly for not reflecting a colour cast on the dancers.

sounds like your having great fun , dance photography is very chalenging enjoy the learning experience not many people have the opportunity. the painted backdrops are only $80 au delivered.

cheers don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow