Some winter views from Norway (imgs)

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
eaa
eaa
Senior MemberPosts: 1,842Gear list
Like?
Re: Some winter views from Norway (imgs)
In reply to Messier Object, Jan 18, 2013

Messier Object wrote:

Erik,

Wonderful ! The 2 shots with the 90-250mm are my favourites.

Mine too

In those 2 shots, I'm wondering about the bluish tones, was there blue sky above or behind you?

Yes, the lighting was quite peculiar, and constantly shifting. I'm standing in the borderzone/outskirts of the drifting fog here, and when shooting those two pics I had blue sky overhead and behind me. Whilst I was standing in the shadows, there was sun behind me, and as you can see also on the lake in front. Sometimes the fog was partly penetrated by the sun, throwing a golden tint to it all, sometimes it was all blue shades due to clear skies overhead/behind, sometimes just grey fog and cloudy skies, sometimes all sunny. And this mix of very local and moving spots of different light, combined w/ the soft fog and reflecting snow, made out for some rather strange light at times. Hence some pics may look a bit "off" in between, but they are actually very true to life. Those of you that has experienced this type of climate and weather will surely recognize that fact.

I look forward to seeing more of your winter scenes. It's currently above 45°C (113°F) here in Sydney, so it's s nice to know that it is cold somewhere in the world.

Indeed. Global warming isn't quite all over the place yet. Thank God

-- hide signature --
 eaa's gear list:eaa's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 35mm 1:3.5 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow