Sony NEX-F3 or Olympus EPM1/EPL3

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
AnandaSim
Forum ProPosts: 13,422Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-F3 or Olympus EPM1/EPL3
In reply to Panbot3000, Jan 18, 2013

Panbot3000 wrote:

My budget is around £500 which would need to cover a lens as well though I don't mind going a little bit over to get a camera and lens I will be happy with. The cameras I have mentioned are priced as follows on the webiste I plan to use:

• EPM1 - £189 (Body Only)
  • EPL3 - £200 (Body Only)
  • EPM2 - £449 (Body Only)

Odd pricing. The E-PM1 and E-PM2 are often not sold as body only. Maybe the pricing for body only is weirdly calculated if you ask for body only.

I'll leave this aspect of the discussion. What I do want to emphasise is that any of these cameras without built in eye level viewfinder make it more difficult to shoot motion sports. Speaking for myself, the entry level DSLR's advantage is that you are shooting in a different grip and posture. I am not talking at the moment, on merits of image quality in the sensor, I am talking about being more successful in motion sports with a viewfinder.

AnandaSim's gear list:AnandaSim's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow