Next big thing?

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,919Gear list
Like?
Re: Next big thing?
In reply to Antal I Kozma, Jan 18, 2013

I've actually been seriously considering getting a K-30 as my next camera, so I have a backup (and/or can have two cameras with two different lenses mounted when I go on a hike or something), rather than spending the extra $$$ to upgrade to the K5II or IIs, which I'm not really certain is worth spending the extra $$$ -- at least not UNTIL we see what Pentax comes out with as its next top-of-the-line camera...

In the meantime, I can currently get a brand new K-30 for $60 or less, body-only (only lens I still want to have what I'll consider a pretty full {overfull???} kit is an F1.4), and although it's missing a feature or two available on the K-5, it has some things the K-5 is lacking, as well, including focus-peaking, and some say the sensor seems to be a bit better.

You may want to take a look at the K-30 in the interim, as well. When it first came out, I pretty much panned it. But the more and longer I look at it, the better value I think it is, comparatively. Plus, it's available IN BLUE! Yeah, I know, somebody walking around with a camera with a BLUE body just REEKS of being a tacky, RANK amateur. But I just can't help it... blue's my favorite color, and Pentax chose just about my favorite shade of blue. As long as I can get a deal close to what they're offering in a black body when and if I jump, I'll get the blue body, and folks can laug if they want to... I have some photos at this point I think I may be able to sell again, finally, so I'll laugh, too -- all the way to the bank!

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow