How did we survive?

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jan Safranek
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: How did we survive?
In reply to orangganjil, Jan 18, 2013

orangganjil wrote:

I was thinking about this today and don't want to seem snarky, but reading through the forums here it makes me wonder how some of those who post here would have fared during the film days. No focus peaking, no auto ISO, being stuck with a specific ISO for a full roll of film, very little dynamic range (Velvia 50, anyone?), an OVF only, no noise reduction, no sharpening, having to use light meters, no histograms, etc.

Instead, pick a roll of film that gives you the color, contrast, speed, and clarity you desire, pop it in the camera, and shoot. Once done, take the slide film to the developer and view the photos on a light table once developed.

We somehow managed.

Regards,

Cody

Simple answer - we didn't. If I would be living during the film days, I would never consider photography as a hobby. I do appreciate nice photos from the film era, but I have to admit that the issues involved would be too much for me. Even that's the reasons why I bought Fujifilm X-E1 - big DSLRs are outside my comfort zone. When I am thinking abut it, maybe I would be shooting a Polaroid (instant) camera
(the picture below: friends' daughter, 35mm@f/1.4)

Jan Safranek's gear list:Jan Safranek's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow