JOBY GorillaPod mini tripods

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pileot
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Re: JOBY GorillaPod mini tripods
In reply to baneling, Jan 18, 2013

I have the gorillapod SLR Zoom which comes with a ballhead that works reasonably well for the $60 it cost me (total package).

Deploying the gorillapod does take a little time however if you are in a low light situation (museum, for instance), or at a open air concert and want to record the event from a higher standpoint (maybe on a stretty lamp or other similar post) the gorillapod would work excellent.

As far as something that is easy to use and versatile, the gorillapod is always hanging on my bag "Just in case". If you pass a fountain you want to overexpose, or want to get a self shot standing in the scene its great without worrying about a larger tripod that could get in the way or be cumbersome to carry.

It does have limitations, its not very large, it does take time to set up, you may have to tinker a fair bit to get a level shot, there is some trial and error involved.

Overall, im very happy with it. I had a specific need and this tool overcomes that need. It wont do everything but it does what its intended to do very well and the build quality is much higher than similar products from other brands.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow