I'm thinking the xrite colorchecker passport is useless after reading this...

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
PhotoKaz
Regular MemberPosts: 326Gear list
Like?
Re: Benefit over other methods?
In reply to Robin Casady, Jan 18, 2013

Robin Casady wrote:

PhotoKaz wrote:

digital ed wrote:

PhotoKaz wrote:

Also, why not share profiles? I'm sure someone has a D800 with profiles already created. Sure, it may not be perfect and not for the exact light I'm shooting but likely close enough. Might be a good idea for a site Post your profile, describe how you created it, the cam it's for, etc. Give people the ability to vote on the profiles, good ones that work well float to the top.

-- hide signature --

Think about that for a while. For those of us that bought the Passport, sharing of the profiles is a nice thought but bypasses the cost of purchase. Additionally, it reduces the legitimate revenue of X-Rite. For me this doesn't seem the right thing to do.

So don't use xrite but the free Adobe profile editor. People who know how to create profiles can help those that can't. I don't see this being much different from LR presets. Some people sell presets, others give them away for free.

The chart is not free, and probably needs to be replaced annually as printed colors fade. I want X-Rite and QPcard to stay in business, so I will not share my profiles.

-- hide signature --

I understand what you are getting at. However those that want to create profiles will still buy the products. It's a bit like saying, I want Ford to stay in business so I can't give you a ride in my car.

-- hide signature --
 PhotoKaz's gear list:PhotoKaz's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
editNew
Higuma MOD
Higuma MOD
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow