Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yves P.
Forum ProPosts: 18,623
Like?
Oh Oh ... AF problem with one of my D600 :-(
Jan 18, 2013

I have had a D600 since the day it came out, bought another one last week.

The one I had for months gave me fantastic results at close focusing distance but sometime failed at longer distance and on infinity. I seriously tested it today and thought at first it was my New out of the box AF-S VR II 70-200 2.8G that was defective. The problem is not showing at short distances like 20 feet and closer (4,5 meters), it shows shows more at 35+ feet (+ 7meters). It is especially bad at 2.8. Note that at closer range, the lens and camera combo perform flawlessly and is extremely spot on as far as accuracy. I have already ruled out blurs by movement because when I attach the same lens on the other body, it focusses perfectly at all distances, long or short. I also deactivated the AF fine tune to make sure it wasn't the problem.

The lens is fine, I also did the same test with another identical lens and found the same results ...

That really sucks ... It now has to go to Nikon in hope that it will be fixed fast and good.

-- hide signature --

Yves P. Photographe Share the Knowledge NPS Member PBASE Supporter Some pictures I like: http://www.pbase.com/yp8/

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow