E-PL5 - eight things I don't like about you.....

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Teru Kage
Contributing MemberPosts: 602Gear list
Like?
Foolishly holding my breath
In reply to jalywol, Jan 18, 2013

jalywol wrote:

I have a suggestion...Why not wait to see what the EP-5 will have? It's a rumor, yes, but if one is announced at the CP+ show in a couple of weeks, it might be worth it to wait and see what it has...I mean, if it has a larger LCD and grip, controls, and flash like the EP-3, it would definitely be worth the wait.....Of course, there is an equal chance it will not have the built-in flash, though.

I'm waiting to see if anything gets announced at CP+ too. I love my E-PL1, but the sensor improvements and focusing speed of the E-PL5 are too compelling to ignore. I would have grabbed on long ago if it wasn't for the missing built-in flash. There's really no reason for Oly to omit it in the E-PL5, unless they want to have something to sell the E-P5. When you think about it, the lack of built-in flash is really the only thing that makes the E-PL5 inferior to the supposedly higher ranked E-P3.

My wishlist for the E-P5: E-P3 body with the sensor and focusing speed of the E-PL5. No built-in EVF please; that's what my VF-2 is for.

As an aside, wth the OM-D inherting the flagship line, I don't see any added value of maintaining the E-P series; the E-PL series serves the semi-pro crowd and the and E-PM series is catered for the mini point-and-shoot audience.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
Galleries: http://www.photo.net/photos/teru
http://www.fotop.net/teruphoto

Teru Kage's gear list:Teru Kage's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Nikon D700 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow