ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DM2011
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Pls. help choose: K-01 vs Canon G1X vs Sony rx100
Jan 18, 2013

Hello everyone!

Hoping someone can offer some advice to help me make a decision...

Gearing up for some upcoming vacations, looking for an all around travel cam with very good to excellent IQ and also decent in low light.  Mostly landscapes and both interior and exterior of old buildings.  Dont want to carry a big camera and lots of lenses any more.  A bridge/superzoom will be my zoom when needed.

Canon G1X was first on the list  but as I was saving up to buy it the RX100 came out.  I like the small size of the RX100 but I don't think the IQ is quite as good as the Canon G1X.  Then I saw the Pentax k-01 is on sale with lens (essentially the same size as G1X) for half the cost of both the G1x and the rx100, with IQ equal to or better than the G1X.  Only thing is, that takes me back to carrying a bunch of lenses to cover the same range of the G1X and RX100.  Anyone with practical experience have a suggestion?

Thanks for the help

Pentax K-01 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow