Fuji S2, S3 or S5 PRO?? Assistance Needed!

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Mark Carr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,953
Like?
Re: Fuji S2, S3 or S5 PRO?? Assistance Needed!
In reply to mistermejia, Jan 18, 2013

Hi,

I think what Rattymouse said sums it up. The S3 and S5 had very similar sensors, perhaps they were exactly the same. The S5 had a filter the S3 didn't have, which some said resulted in the pictures being less sharp. I can't say as I have only shot with an S2 and S3. When compared to the S2, the extra DR of the S3 is noticeable, but all of the "S" cams produce wonderful pics.

The S5 will allow you to meter when using older Nikon AI/AIS lenses, whereas the S2/3 won't. So, if you plan on using any of Nikon's legacy lenses you should consider this. As well, the 55 was built using the Nikon D200 body which is sealed, the S3 was built using the same body as the S2.

Another thing, if you plan to use the camera underwater then I recommend you get the S5 since you can use any of the housing made for the Nikon D200 camera. There were no underwater housing made for the S3.

Honestly, I don't spend much time comparing one camera to another, I've always been very pleased with the pictures and just felt that it was my fault if the results were poor. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either of them, you just have to decide what features are most important to you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow